Although we still have a few more months of winter… here are some ways you can fight the Minnesota winter blues:
Wayzata Chilly Open - Golf Tournament & Events
- February 11th
- “The largest, most well-known and unusual golf tournament held on a frozen lake. Since 1984 thousands of hearty Minnesotans head to Lake Minnetonka for this unique frozen golf event to celebrate our “chilly” winter season. Our great team of volunteers carve out three 9-hole courses right out on the ice. Each year, over 1,800 golfers come from all around with their golf clubs and hockey sticks to putt with tennis balls around Wayzata Bay.”
Fitness Class + CRISP & GREEN | Wayzata, MN
- January 7th, 9-10 am
- This fitness class will bring you through an indoor workout that will help you build strength and feel good physically, boost self-confidence and feel good mentally, create lasting habits, and have fun throughout the process!
Minneapolis Boat Show
- January 19-22, 2023
- Thursday 2-8 pm, Friday 12-8 pm, Saturday 10 am-8 pm, Sunday 10 am-5
- "Making waves as Minneapolis' largest and longest-running annual boating event for 50 years, the Discover® Boating Minneapolis Boat Show, in partnership with Progressive®, cruises into the Minneapolis Convention Center from Thursday, Jan. 19 to Sunday, Jan. 22, welcoming enthusiasts and newcomers of all ages to discover the best in boating. The Discover Boating Minneapolis Boat Show showcases hundreds of new boats for sale for all lifestyles and budgets, docks, gear and more from over 200 exhibitors, plus activities for the family to enjoy to beat cabin fever including live music, interactive boating experiences, and more.’’
Catch a Minnesota Wild game!
- Jan. 4, 8, 14, 26 and 28
- Head to downtown St. Paul and join the 18,000+ fans to catch a Minnesota Wild game at the Xcel Energy Center. The Wild take on Tampa Bay, St. Louis, Arizona, Philadelphia and Buffalo this month.
Catch a Minnesota Timberwolves game
Head down to the Target Center and join the Minnesota Timberwolves fans. The Timberwolves take on various teams this month!
Enjoy the Local Theater
- Ongoing Throughout Jan.
- Whether you head to the Guthrie or the Orpheum, be sure to escape the cold and check out the wealth of local theater in Minnesota this January.
St. Paul Winter Carnival
- Jan. 26 - Feb. 5
- The Saint Paul Festival and Heritage Foundation’s 137th Saint Paul Winter Carnival will attract 100,000+ people from Saint Paul and beyond to celebrate winter in Minnesota. Event festivities include ice carving competitions, family-friendly artistic and educational activities, and much more!